The objective of the Engineering and Technical Services Division is:
- To implement methods which will improve efficiencies in procurement, conveyance and delivery of irrigation water to enhance the quality and reliability of service.
Members of the Division work in critical business areas including:
- The production and distribution of irrigation water to our customers.
- Developing engineering designs and implementing irrigation projects under the Government of Jamaica’s Agro-Parks Programme.
- Implementation of the energy management programme throughout the organisation.
- Repairs and maintenance of NIC’s irrigation network as well as the fabrication and installation of measuring devices and regulatory structures.
- Drainage services and maintenance as stipulated by the Irrigation Act.
- Security monitoring across irrigation districts to protect both staff and equipment.