How to Become a Customer
Total processing time for Stage 1 is fifteen (15) days.
Total processing time for Stage 2 is fifteen (15) days.
Calculate Your Security Deposit
Requirements For Supply
- Submit a completed an application form to your district office
- Provide documentary proof of legal access to land:
- Title, volume and folio number, valuation number
- Letter of legal occupation
- Valid ID, National ID, Passport, Drivers Licence
- Tax Registration Number (TRN)
- Companies are required to provide Certificate of Registration and Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC)
- Pay Security Deposit and Connection Fee
Click here to pay your security deposit and connection fee online.
Suspension and Termination of Service
- If a customer does not take water for three billing periods without prior notice, the relevant contract will be suspended. Please note that this will have the benefit of freezing the accumulation of Service Charges on an account while preserving the contract status with the NIC.
- If at any time during the contract suspension period a customer receives water from the system, the application of the relevant Demand Charge on the account will automatically reinstate the contract into an active status, thereby resuming the application of the Service Charge on that account.
- Customers who have not used water for twelve (12) consecutive months and who have responded in writing to our termination notice advising that they do not wish their contracts to be terminated, as they intend to take water from us in the near future, will be allowed to retain their contract for another twelve (12) months. All such customer contracts will retain their suspension status for the additional period of twelve (12) months if water is still not taken. In addition, the Service Charge will be applied for the first three (3) months of this additional period of inactivity and any other amount brought forward on account will still remain due and payable. If after this period of twelve (12) months the customer is still inactive the contract will be terminated and no further extension granted.
- A customer may at any time request for the water contract to be suspended or terminated.
- A contract can be terminated voluntarily by a customer or by NIC.
- A customer can terminate the contract at any time by giving one (1) month’s notice.
- If a customer is inactive, that is, does not take water for twelve (12) consecutive months, the contract will be terminated by giving (1) month notice. The NIC reserves the right to terminate the contract without notice to a violator of the irrigation system.
- Persons with terminated contracts who want irrigation service will be required to re-apply and will be treated as new customers.
Pay Your Bill
Customers may visit the nearest NIC office (including the Head Office) to make bill payments. Payments can be made by cash or cheque and special arrangements may be made for payment by electronic transfer for some customers.
Effective March 5, 2018, customers can pay their bills at any Bill Express location island-wide. Payments can also be made using debit cards via the NCB point of sale machines at the following NIC Offices:
- Head office
- Rio Cobre
- St. Dorothy
- New Forest/Duff House