Skip links

Frequently Asked Questions

Visit the nearest NIC office to complete an application form, or download, print and complete this pdf form and take it to the nearest NIC office.

  • Completed application form
  • Documentary proof of legal access to land: certified copy of title, legal lease, letter of legal occupation (not older than 6 months)
  • Valid ID e.g. national ID , passport, driver’s license
  • Taxpayer Registration Number (TRN)
  • Certificate of registration and Tax Compliance Certificates (Companies)
  • Security deposit and installation fee

The different types of customers are:

  • Agricultural
  • Industrial
  • Non- agricultural.
  • Rio Cobre, St Dorothy, Colbeck, Amity Hall – St. Catherine
  • Yallahs, Phillipsfield, East Albion, Plantain Garden River – St. Thomas
  • Mid – Clarendon
  • New Forest/Duff House – Manchester
  • Beacon Little Park, Hounslow – St. Elizabeth
  • Seven Rivers – St. James
  • Braco – Trelawny

Pressurized System:
Applicants must have proper irrigation equipment for service e.g. pipes, drip hoses/tapes and sprinklers.

Open canal:
Applicants must be adjacent to the NIC’s distribution canal and water will be delivered to their farm gate.

Active – Customers who are currently utilizing irrigation services

Suspended – Customers who have not used the service (taken water) for three (3) consecutive months

Terminated – Customers who have not utilized water for  twelve (12) consecutive months.

Disconnection of a customer’s water supply by the Commission falls
into two (2) categories:

  1. Delinquent customers (non-payment of bills)
  2. Breach of Contract (vandalism, malicious destruction of property and for illegal extraction of water)

Customer may request voluntary disconnection of water supply.
There is a fee associated with the disconnection/reconnection of water supply, reflecting the actual cost involved in carrying out the exercise in the respective districts.

  • Payments can be made at any of our offices using cash, cheques or payment via debit cards
  • Electronic payments can be made upon request
  • Customers can also pay at Bill Express locations island-wide